Tuesday, October 7, 2014

SCD Spaghetti Sauce



Spaghetti Sauce

We love this sauce more than the store bought!  Very easy to make.

2 lbs Ground Beef
1 small White Onion, diced (I used dried onions…One of my daughters can’t stand chopped onion :p )
4-5 cups tomato sauce (when I’m out of fresh, I use 3 small cans of organic tomato sauce)
1 3-oz can organic Tomato Paste
Fresh Minced Garlic (I use about 5-6 cloves…I’m a garlic freak for the health benefits/antibiotic properties)
2 tsp Salt (Pink Himalayan, if you have it ;)
½ tsp. pepper
3 tsp Italian Seasoning (be careful if you buy a mixture…watch for added ingredients)
2 tsp Honey
2 Tbsp Olive Oil

Cook ground beef.  I add the garlic and other seasonings, usually, when the beef is almost done…no biggie if you don’t.  Add tomatoes and paste and simmer until good and hot.

Easy peasy!

Now, some people on the SCD diet make it with “Zoodles,” which are zucchini noodles.  We’ve actually never tried this…sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment