Monday, October 6, 2014

Smoothies (SCD)

You MUST give your child the SCD version of yogurt.  It's the best probiotic on the planet, as far as I'm concerned.  Here is some info:  http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/legal/detail/homemade-yogurt/

These smoothies will have them begging for more.

You'll need:

Blender (a tough one...frozen fruit can beat up the cheap ones.  I actually have a Ninja (from WalMart).

SCD Yogurt (recipe here -  http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/knowledge_base/detail/yoghurt-how-to-make-with-yoghurtmaker/.  I use the Yogurtmaker that I got from Amazon, but there are other ways to make it, too)

Organic spinach (I buy the biggest package I can find at Hannaford)

Honey

Frozen fruit (I use so many mixtures it isn't even funny.  I buy the big bags from Walmart -- take your pick!)

Directions:

I put about 3 cups of yogurt (now, we're a big family...so we drink about 6 (six) 8 oz. glasses of this when I make a batch...your family might not be as needy) into my Ninja.  I add a couple of big handfuls of the spinach (by now the blender looks about 3/4 full...but don't worry, it will go down when you turn it on).  Put in as much honey (optional) as desired.  Cover with fruit.  Turn on your blender and within a few seconds everything will start to sink down from being chopped up.  Add more fruit until thick.  If it gets too think (happens to me all the time), either add a little bit of orange juice or just keep blending it until it pours right.

No comments:

Post a Comment